Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator

best approach for the current year, period over period and YOY calculations...need help

Hello ,

could anyone pls suggest the best approach for the scenario i have.. I need to get the 3 different pivot tables

which includes the data for the current year, period over period, year over year. I do not have a master calendar but i have the transaction date from which i derive month, qtr, year, etc ..

this is not rolling 12 months - current year data in a table, in the next pivot table period over period change% calculation,

and the year over year change % calculation in the third table

default view is for the current year but user wants to select period year also like 2018 so he can see 2018 and 2017

we have 3 years of data 2019, 18 and 17  - also there are other 2 filters like account type, salesman etc

i looked at the post on AsOfTable by Henric but little confused as this is not rolling...so can someone please suggest what would be the best approach - i have fact table where the transaction date is and other dim tables

thanks a lot

yrdy2.PNG

2 Replies
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

any suggestions are highly appreciated

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I have is the following URL to a Design Blog post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-As-Of-Table/ba-p/1466130

Here is the base Design Blog URL in case you want to search yourself for other posts:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.