Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

calculated dimensions

I have a dimension named [Number Sold].  I have a variable vNumberSold, which is the sum of [Number Sold].  I would like to use this as a calcualted dimension, with different break points/groupings.I have tried using Class function and aggregate functions but ahve not been able to get it to work

when this same field is used in an expression (either sum [Number Sold) or =$(vNumberSold) I get the results I am expecting

part of the issue is if aggr function is needed, the filed to aggregate over - I have tried the highest level and the lowest without any luck

thanks

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a small qlikview document that explains what you're trying to do?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Gysbert

Thanks for your follow-up

the last chart is an  example showing what the end user is looking for (they provided this to me).

The X axis needs to be a calculated dimesnion based on accumualted tons.  The Y axis is an expression (which is used throughout the application) for price/ton.

I was able to do this with the Axis' reversed, but when I switched my calcualted dimesnion to the expression and the expression to the calculated dimesnion I did not get my expected results - the example below is correct with price/ton on x axis and total tons on Y

I will try and post a small application later in the day

thanks again for your help

Not applicable
Author

Gysbert

Sorry for the delay, have been out of town most of the week.

Attached is a slimmed down version of the aaplication.  I would like to make the dimesnion the expression and the expression the dimension - see sample below.  I have tried just swithing and that did not work, and we cannot just rotate the axis (not what the user wants.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You'll have to draw me a picture of the result you want to see. I can't imagine anything else then what you'd get if you change the orientation on the Style tab. If you expect one dimension value to return two expression values with only one expression then that will not happen. This universe does not allow that.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

ok - give me a few minutes and I will have something for you

Not applicable
Author

Gysbert

attached is a document where I did my best to describe what they are looking for

if I try and and aggregate in a calcualted dimension, I have to aggregate over something and whatever I have tried does not give me overall totals

thanks for all of your help so far