Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

different subcolumns

I am using Pivot table in QV 11

When we have to create sub columns in Pivot table, we create a dimension and drag it on top of the expressions. (see Actual sub columns.PNG)

But I want to create sub columns different in each column. (see Expected sub columns.PNG).

Please tell me if this is possible. If not what can be work around for the same.

7 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can't do that, the only thing you can do out of a dimension is having columns for totals.

When you decide to evaluate expression under a dimension like in the first PNG all expressions are repeated under the dimension.

Not applicable
Author

This is possible, at least, in two ways:

1. If your data only have values for the combinations you want to show, this will be automatic. I mean, your data model has values for [Column A] and [Sub col 1] but not for [Column A] and [Sub col 4].
  2. Using IF() conditions in your expressions, having values only for the correct combinations. I think this is not a good solution, because of maintenance.

Juan Gerardo

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I disagree because each expression falls under the dimension used as header in a pivot so even if there aren't conditions for data the column will appear.

Not applicable
Author

Look at this example, here you are the two ways in two pivot tables.

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Hello Juan,

I tried with the solution 1 you provided and it worked sucessfully.

Thank you very much.

But the only concern now I have is that the 1st dimenion shows the expansion icon.

Is it possible to suppress it?

Not applicable
Author

Yes it is, you have to go to Chart Properties -> Presentation tab -> Check "Always Fully Expanded". This way the table will be always expanded to the last level, and the plus signs will dissapear.

Juan Gerardo.

Not applicable
Author

But I have Other dimensions also which are not pivoted, where I need to show the expansion icons, to allow user to expand and collapse.