Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

object level bookamrk

I've 5 multiboxes on left side of my tab and 4 such tabs. I am using a bookmark while going from tab to tab, since one of the tab requires clearing up of all fields and bring back the selection while going back to any of the three previous tab. It works fine.

The problem is, I also have a switch for one of the 5 multibox. Ideal behavior is when I click on the switch it should hide one multibox and show the other one, also it has to clear all the selection made in the previous multibox and bring back those selection while you switch back within the tab.

I know that document bookmark will work for the entire document. Is there anything such as object level bookmark? Or its not even a valid question?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello nims,

I miss such a functionality, too. I think a simple grouping mechanism should do 80% of the job you described above respectively discussed in former threads. I hoped for V10 getting some new features in this direction, but in vain. The new container object is nice but not what I expected. So we have to keep on struggling with triggers and actions and creating variables as semaphores and so on. I mean these things are not bad but can't substitute it.

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. Are you suggesting that one of the way to achieve this is using creating and updating variables? Can you please explain on how to do it or may be just post a sample qvw that does it. I've 6 fields in one of my multibox and 4 fields in the other one. When I switch from one to another I want save those values and reapply them when I come back. switch is based on an inline field. So, I think I'll have to have my variables update/save on "OnSelect" action of inline field. In the diagram below, Object A and Object B are driven by an inline field that drives show and hide of MultiBox A and MultiBox B. What do I have to do to get this with variables?

MultiBox A

Field A1

Field A2

Field A4

Field A4

MultiBox B

Field B1

Field B2

Field B3

Field B4

Field B5

Field B6

Object A

Object B

Not applicable
Author

Hello nims,

to get an idea take a look at my little exam app. I think it is selfexplaining.

Button --> variable vShow --> show conditional in layout tab of objects

HtH

Roland