Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

r integrate with sense

Hi expert

It is possible to connect R with sense?

Thanks a lot

Fernando K.

8 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes it is. You can either use a Qlik Sense extension that leverage the OpenCPU open source API on the R-server side (have to be installed on the R-server). There are demos showcasing this - I don't believe they are available on this community. I have access to them. It was a presentation on Qonnections 2016 of this.

Furthermore there is upcoming functionality that is available as a beta functionality in the latest release of Qlik Sense 3.1. This is even more powerful than the first option. This is available to some customers and partners on a request basis. This will probably be fully available in the next major release of Qlik Sense - 4.0.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Hi Partha, sense integrate NOT QLIKVIEW

Thanks too

Fernando K.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I forgot to mention but the first integration is a client side Qlik Sense integration

The second one is a server side Qlik Sense / QlikView integration with no regular client extension.

Do you need more info on any of these or were this out of general curiosity?

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Thanks Peter

if you have more info or example woudl be grateful, i have to implement it is a client requirement so i want to start invetigate

Thanks a lot

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you have more information about exactly how they intend to use R and how they need the integration to be it would be helpful so I don't spend time on suggesting something that would be ruled out in the first place.

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Dear Petter,

I want to integrate daily customer sales (B2C) forecast from R into Qlikview (100 millions of rows or more) // Need to check model to use (but maybe ARIMA)

I load my SQL tables into QV with customer Information (Age,customer type, etc.) and create a customer application with several Options to filter.

The user may be able to Segment / filter his customers based on the Analysis he wants to do, and send the generated table (exportable Format) to R. On button click, the user shall get the R results.

I checked last year DeployR ver 8.0.0 which is not supported now. There are no more examples either. Version 9 is still not complete, as i saw from the Microsoft web page.

We have  a Qlikview Server, and have read different ways to integrate R into Qlikview, but many Solutions seem to me very customized, based on the method used. I wanted something more general, so that we can use any R method integrated into QV.

Is this only possible, as i read from your message, in Qlik Sense (oepn CPU)? Do you know from other ways (besides community) to integrate R into Qlikview. R Client is another Option, but honestly, there is very poor explanation on how to use, no QV examples and no Microsoft Support (seem they better Support this with Power BI).

i would be very happy for any Suggestion or comment or any further Information that could bring me a step further

thanks

felipe

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Could you please post this as a new question since this relates to QlikView and not Qlik Sense? That way you can tag any answer that helps you as "the answer" too and get a proper response. I will respond to the new question....

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III