Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

select field when another field is selected

hi

I need help on this. I need that when i select a value from member_timestamp (from file attached) i get a corresponding field value in the transaction_numeric_date selected. this correspondence rule is based on the timestamp numeric value and the transaction numeric value.

thanks for any help

Felipe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use a Clear Field action followed by a Select Possible action. See attached example.

edit: I misread your requirement. See attached update example instead.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use a Clear Field action followed by a Select Possible action. See attached example.

edit: I misread your requirement. See attached update example instead.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thanks. When i click on my field value (member_timestamp) i get all possible value fields selected in the transaction_numeric_date listbox. (i changed the field name in both actions you proposed).

However, i want to select a value of the member_timestamp list box. This field has a counterpart with the member_timestamp_numeric (1 to 1) so that i only have a unique possible value to select. This value shall  automatically be selected in the transaction_numeric_date list box (here the list of field values exceeds 1900).

Ex. I selected 2013-02 (member_timestamp), value in member_timestamp_numeric = '41328'. This is the value i have to automatically look for and select in the transaction_numeric_date list box.

further comments very welcome, thanks for your help

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

excellent, thanks for your help

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

do you know, how can i make the rest of list boxes or possible selection from the  "transaction_date" selection / filter

independent?

now when i select timestamp, i have at the same time selected the transaction date, which afects my document. How can i detach this "transaction_date" filter, and make it only valid for my chart?

any help very welcome

thanks

felipe

Not applicable

I was wondering if you could help me with the same thing he wants. In my case, when Inquiry Subtype  is selected, corresponding address is selected as well