Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khenising
Contributor
Contributor

Need help

I am new to qlikview and Need help. I want to Check if for Example today -2 days was a Holiday (all written down in table Holiday) and then just give a Feedback. I cant even Write the if.. Thanks for the help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Try using this to get today's date minus 2 days:

=date(OriginalDate-2, 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss.fff')

From the help:

if( condition , then , else )

The three parameters condition, then and else are all expressions. The first one, condition, is interpreted logically. The two other ones, then and else, can be of any type. They should preferably be of the same type. If condition is true, the function returns the value of the expression then. If condition is false, the function returns the value of the expression else.

Example:

if( Amount>= 0, 'OK', 'Alarm' )

In your case

=if( Amount>= 0, Amount, 0)

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Try using this to get today's date minus 2 days:

=date(OriginalDate-2, 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss.fff')

From the help:

if( condition , then , else )

The three parameters condition, then and else are all expressions. The first one, condition, is interpreted logically. The two other ones, then and else, can be of any type. They should preferably be of the same type. If condition is true, the function returns the value of the expression then. If condition is false, the function returns the value of the expression else.

Example:

if( Amount>= 0, 'OK', 'Alarm' )

In your case

=if( Amount>= 0, Amount, 0)

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.