Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akey_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Problem Accessing a Particular Object In Salesforce - Critical

Hi Everyone,

We normally fetch our data from salesforce system, but this is the first time I'm not able to pull the data from a salesforce object. Below is the errror I'm getting. Please let me know in case any one has come across this kind of error.

I am trying to access a custom object called "Recommendation".

Error Message:

sobject type 'recommendation' is not supported. if you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. please reference your wsdl or the describe call for the appropriate names.

salesforce error.PNG

Thanks,

Akash

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Akey_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Brett,

Thanks for responding. I'm now able to connect. The thing is the recommendation object lies in Salesforce API Version 45.0 and by default salesforce connector connects to API version 29.0. So I just has to manually write the URL to Point it to 45.0.

Thanks

Akash

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Akey_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Can anyone please help here?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Need more information, the full document/script log, the connector log for starters would be helpful, and whose connector to SFDC you are using and version info there as well.  Not much to say without that information.

The following link may be of some use if you are using the Qlik SFDC connector:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Salesforce_connector_help/Content/Connectors_Salesf...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Akey_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Brett,

Thanks for responding. I'm now able to connect. The thing is the recommendation object lies in Salesforce API Version 45.0 and by default salesforce connector connects to API version 29.0. So I just has to manually write the URL to Point it to 45.0.

Thanks

Akash