Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrunPierre
Master
Master

SQL timestamp conversion issue in a where clause statement

Hello Everyone!

Trying to convert this "1605291725" which I believe to be in this format 'YYMMDDHHMM'  to 'DD/MM/YYYY'. 

This is works fine DATE(DATE#(LEFT(DATE_TIME,6),'YYMMDD'),'DD/MM/YYYY')  when filtering through QVDs, however,

I can't seem to translate it into SQL when I try to spool new data from the source database i.e. with a where clause

while refreshing data.

Please help!

Kind regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

What I'm saying is that instead of trying to convert that value to a date, use the integer as filter, if you have a date or timestamp you can convert as

LET vFilter = timestamp(DateToFilter,'YYMMDDhhmm')

And use hat value in where clause

Where field>=$(vFilter)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi @BrunPierre, maybe it's stored as number in database, have you tried to filter it as ">=2100000000" to retrieve 2021 data?.

Once you make it work with a fixed value it will be easier to make it dynamic.

BrunPierre
Master
Master
Author

Thanks for response, but your suggestion wasn't too clear. Please elaborate and secondly, the date field is indeed numeric with a YYMMDDHHmm format.

Thank you.

rubenmarin

Hi @BrunPierre, I meant that if the data in sql is a number, not a date, you need to use a number to filter.

What filter are you using in SQL?

BrunPierre
Master
Master
Author

@rubenmarin convert(datetime, (convert (int, DATE_TIME)), 6), but it throws an error converting.

Perhaps you could suggest a syntax to use number to filter?

Thanks

rubenmarin

What I'm saying is that instead of trying to convert that value to a date, use the integer as filter, if you have a date or timestamp you can convert as

LET vFilter = timestamp(DateToFilter,'YYMMDDhhmm')

And use hat value in where clause

Where field>=$(vFilter)

BrunPierre
Master
Master
Author

@rubenmarin  Fantastic! I now understand your concept, and it's very helpful.

Many thanks.