Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pestaninha
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set analysis does not work when moving to production server

Hi, wondering if someone can help with this question:

- We have 2 different servers we use : 1 for development and after the dashboard is ready we publish in what we call to production server for the final users. The 2 servers have the same versions of QlikView

I've developed a dashboard that has a table chart with some set analysis ....the set analysis works fine on the development environment but once the dashboard is moved to the other server (production) that specific set analysis does not work

Does anyone seen this before?

Honestly don't can't think of a reason why this happened, and my concern is that other thing don't work as well and i can't spot them

Many Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

The only issue with  SET analysis during the the last couple of years as I am aware of is the hanldling of modifiers on dual field values. Single quotes  in the modifier {'value'} did not work, you had to change it double quotes {"value"}.  It should however not differ between two identical server versions.

Are you sure that you have the same data in developent and production? Are you reloading the application in the production environment or does the difference occur even if you just move the application without performing a reload? 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

The only issue with  SET analysis during the the last couple of years as I am aware of is the hanldling of modifiers on dual field values. Single quotes  in the modifier {'value'} did not work, you had to change it double quotes {"value"}.  It should however not differ between two identical server versions.

Are you sure that you have the same data in developent and production? Are you reloading the application in the production environment or does the difference occur even if you just move the application without performing a reload? 

Pestaninha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Both situations , It happens before and after the reload. 

Pestaninha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am actually using a Dual() field. You saying when moving to production I need to change the set analysis to "" instead of ''?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

It could be worth a try, but it is strange that it differs when you have identical versions of QlikView installed. 

Pestaninha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Exactly, it is very strange I will give it a go and let you know it went 🙂

Not sure what version we have on the server, that issue still happens on most recent version of QlikView?

Many Thanks

Pestaninha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It did work, thanks

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Thats Great.
Glad to hear that.

-Vegar