Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seb_seb
Contributor
Contributor

Share Folder

Hi,

Hi want load data in an excel files in a share folder, but i doesn't want to use the user services account in the share folder permission. 

It's possible ? 

thanks 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Seb_seb,

I'm not aware of any method of doing what you're asking about within the QlikView document's load script.  It may be possible to load data this way via a .bat file using runas command or something similar.  A traditional QVW loadscript would require the service account to have permissions to the directory.  Good luck.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

marcus_sommer

In general it's possible to use an EXECUTE statement to trigger a batch or maybe a windows-task with another user which used the desktop client to load these data. But it's not trivial to get it to work because a lot of conditions in regard to QlikView and Windows installation/licencing/configurations must be fulfilled and there are not much respectively meaningful error-messages to find the reasons why something didn't work. Beside this a functional solution/workaround may also collide with certain security rules from your company.

IMO better would be to create a special (network) share to exchange the data. Means a place where the Qlik admin and your user or any other relevant user have access. And then a windows task which starts all n times a robocopy-batch to synchronize the data. Benefits would be you could remain by the standard qmc load-workflow without touching the origin access-rights because now it's a push to Qlik and not a pull from Qlik. Further by larger datasets an additionally copy-job could be added in beforehand of the origin load to load not from a network else from a local storage (depends on your environment if this is a real benefit or rather not).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Seb_seb,

You want to load data from an .xlsx file located in a shared folder, but the QlikView service account doesn't have permissions to access the folder/file?  Is this a standard Windows shared folder or a SharePoint folder?  Are you not able to grant the service account permissions to the folder?

Best Regards

Seb_seb
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, 

This is a standard windows shared folder. 

But I am looking for a solution not to use the service account but another account because my rssi does not want us to use this account to access these files for security reasons

There is a way for this  ? 

Thanks

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Seb_seb,

I'm not aware of any method of doing what you're asking about within the QlikView document's load script.  It may be possible to load data this way via a .bat file using runas command or something similar.  A traditional QVW loadscript would require the service account to have permissions to the directory.  Good luck.

Best Regards

Seb_seb
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

thank you all the same for the help

Windighost
Contributor
Contributor

@Chip_Matejowsky wrote: great people me

Hi @Seb_seb

Best Regards

Your content helped me a lot to take my doubts, thank you very much.

marcus_sommer

In general it's possible to use an EXECUTE statement to trigger a batch or maybe a windows-task with another user which used the desktop client to load these data. But it's not trivial to get it to work because a lot of conditions in regard to QlikView and Windows installation/licencing/configurations must be fulfilled and there are not much respectively meaningful error-messages to find the reasons why something didn't work. Beside this a functional solution/workaround may also collide with certain security rules from your company.

IMO better would be to create a special (network) share to exchange the data. Means a place where the Qlik admin and your user or any other relevant user have access. And then a windows task which starts all n times a robocopy-batch to synchronize the data. Benefits would be you could remain by the standard qmc load-workflow without touching the origin access-rights because now it's a push to Qlik and not a pull from Qlik. Further by larger datasets an additionally copy-job could be added in beforehand of the origin load to load not from a network else from a local storage (depends on your environment if this is a real benefit or rather not).

- Marcus