cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njmaehler
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

"Lost Connection to server" then "No Connection" QlikView

We are experiencing an issue after upgrading from QV11.20 SR 12 to QV 11.20 SR 20. The reason for the upgrade was to resolve the AD User Issue in the Management console.  The client's environment is Windows server 2012 R2 with 2021-02 Security and Quality Rollup installed.

Two things noted that the client did during the upgrade was that the account used to do the upgrade was NOT the service account for running the QlikView services but a user account that has administrator rights (belongs to the admin group). The second item is that previously their environment used IIS and the QlikView web server was set to disabled. This time the QlikView web server is enabled but NOT running. i.e. they are still using IIS but the upgrade used all the defaults and the QV web service was NOT specifically turned off.  Their technical team are suggesting that both IIS and QV web service might be conflicting and causing connection lost issue. 

After the upgrade, the various different models were tested via Access Point and everything appeared to work EXCEPT for one tab in one model. It is the biggest model 😞 and most used model too. 
Whenever we try to access that tab the first error is "Lost connection to server" and then "No Connection". 
Is anyone able to shed some light as to where to look? We have tried to look at the triggers on the tab, etc. and all the logs but nothing is giving us a hint of what and where to fix this issue. It is just strange that it is only an issue on this one tab and that the problem is resolved by rolling back the upgrade. 
We rolled back to a backup pre-upgrade and everything works including that tab within the largest model (the problem tab mentioned above). 

Please refer to the attachment for the various different errors that they have looked at for an guide of where to look for the issue to be fixed. 

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

It's been awhile since I've used QlikView, but I remember there were times charts would get "corrupted" and the only solution was to remake them from scratch.  It might be worth trying to recreate everything on that tab and seeing if the problem persists.

View solution in original post

njmaehler
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Nicole. We did remove the two main charts off the tab and it successfully reloaded. We then added the charts back and disabled one of the cyclic groups and it worked! 
I then enabled some of the measures within the cyclic group until I found the culprit. 
I then physically deleted (not just disabled) the  problem measure and re-created it from scratch and it worked. 
Much appreciated. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Nicole-Smith

It's been awhile since I've used QlikView, but I remember there were times charts would get "corrupted" and the only solution was to remake them from scratch.  It might be worth trying to recreate everything on that tab and seeing if the problem persists.

njmaehler
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Nicole. We did remove the two main charts off the tab and it successfully reloaded. We then added the charts back and disabled one of the cyclic groups and it worked! 
I then enabled some of the measures within the cyclic group until I found the culprit. 
I then physically deleted (not just disabled) the  problem measure and re-created it from scratch and it worked. 
Much appreciated. 

Dianah
Contributor
Contributor

Reset your network equipment. This helps prevent any devices from being overloaded. If resetting your equipment does not help, try turning your router off for a few minutes and turning it back on.

Regards,

Will