Qlik Community

QlikView Connectors

Not applicable

How to convert a type in where clause using SAP SQLConnector?

Hello,

I want to load some data from the LIKP table in SAP using the SAP SQLConnector. Furthermore I want to select the data for a specific period, but the date field in the table is not declared as a integer. If you look in the Oracle DBMS you will see, the field is declared as varchar.

My Question:

How can I convert the field in the WHERE clause that I can do a comparison to my selection criterion?

Here an example (LFDAT still has to be converted in a way I don't know):

LIKP:
LOAD
VBELN as delivery_number,
LIFNR as supplier_number;
SQL SELECT
VBELN,
LIFNR
FROM LIKP
WHERE LFDAT >= 20101013;

Regards,
Jonas

7 Replies
Not applicable

How to convert a type in where clause using SAP SQLConnector?

Hi Jonas
I use this method because as you say the dates in SAP are usually kept as varchar. Don't forget to put the date in ' ' .
Load * ;
SQL Select VBELN, LIFNR
from LIKP
WHERE ( LFDAT => '20000101' ) ;

and if you want other clauses you can use the like method on characteristic values.

AND (MATERIAL LIKE 'ABCD%' OR MATERIAL LIKE 'WXYZ%') ;

If you want to convert the date format you can use this.
DATE([LFDAT],'DD/MM/YYYY') as Date // This will now be in correct date format when loaded into an App.
or
LEFT([LFDAT],4) AS Date_Year // This will now be in a number format when loaded into an App e.g. 2000

Best Regards
Greenee

Not applicable

AW:Re: How to convert a type in where clause using SAP SQLConnector?

Hi Greenee,

I know that I have to put the date in ' '. But I'm looking for a solution to convert the date to number in the where clause like the oracle command to_number. Using this I could compare the field to a number, e.g. '...where to_number(LFDAT) >= 20101015'.

It is a good hint to use LIKE to compare a part of the string. It is useful if you need a whole year or month but it is not the best solution to select several months or a special date range.

Thank you for your help but maybe someone still has another idea to solve this problem, maybe you.

Best Regards,
Jonas

Not applicable

Hi Jonas,

I tried converting the date field in char data type as well. However, it appears that Connector does'nt provide that flexibility.

hope if someone has an answer...

suniljain
Honored Contributor

During extraction you have to follow the syntax of sap data stored in sap table.

Not applicable

AW:Re: AW:Re: How to convert a type in where clause using SAP SQLConnector?

But what does it mean? Is there a SAP command I could use to convert the varchar into a number? Or does it mean that it is not possible to convert any data from SAP tables during extraction?

suniljain
Honored Contributor

AW:Re: AW:Re: How to convert a type in where clause using SAP SQLConnector?

during extraction we have to follow actual format of data stored in sap r/3.

as for example date is like 20100101

Not applicable

Re: AW:Re: AW:Re: How to convert a type in where clause using SAP SQLConnector?

Hello,

You can also use a variable :

LIKP:

LOAD

VBELN as delivery_number,

LIFNR as supplier_number;

SQL SELECT

VBELN,

LIFNR

FROM LIKP

WHERE LFDAT >= '$(vStartDate)';

The variable has the value like 20120101