Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EGilbert
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ignoring Dimensions

I have a Stacked Bar/Combo chart and I have a number of Facilities as the bars and each is stacked by the platforms that are made at these facilities.  I would like to have a utilization number by facility shown on the axis.  I have figured out the formula to calculate the total utilization after some work, but it now puts the utilization on the axis multiple times, based on the number of platforms at each facility.  See image below

text on axis snip.JPG

How can I get the Utilization to be listed only 1 time for each facility?  Again the number listed is correct, I just want it listed only once.

3 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Can you provide to sample ?

EGilbert
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Unfortunately I cannot load any actual data.  Below is the formula I used to calculate the Utilization, which is correct

='Utilization =' &num((sum(TOTAL<[PLT VB]> {$<[Platform V]={"*"}-{Open}>}[V demand]))/(Sum(TOTAL <[PLT VB]> DISTINCT [V demand])),'0.%')

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

It is pretty much working as expected given how you have things configured, as it is showing for each segment in the bar.  Without a sample QVW file, it is going to be difficult to provide further suggestions on how you might approach things.  About the best I can offer is Help link to review the documented functionality, so you can determine for sure if things are as expected or not...  If you can provide a sample QVW showing the issue, I suspect you will get further responses.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Content/QV_HelpSites/Home.htm

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.