Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Error: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Error:  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

Error:  at System.IO.File.Replace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName, Boolean ignoreMetadataErrors)

Error:  at QVBWrapper.Document.ReplaceSourceFile(ILogBucket logBucket, String replaceFromFileName, String replaceToFilename)

Error:  at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName)

Please some one help me..

21 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This has been a helpful answer. I have found that when reloading we get this error on a file if we save the file with any selections. This also applies to loop and reduce and section access. A straight distribution of the file works. We still are investigating the root cause.

Leiro
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi!

I just solved my version of the problem following this thread's guide.

In my case the clear selection state was causing the problem. I reset it and now it's working.