Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Membership of local security groups is missing

Hi all!

May I know why i get this message when i open the qlikview management console. Whats wrong???

Access Denied

Membership of local security groups is missing.

Please refer to the manual for more information.

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hey Karan,
I am also facing this issue. Please let me know if you find any solution

Not applicable
Author

We need to verify the following things to make sure that the user can access the QMC.

1. Make sure that the user seeking access is added to the Qlikview administrators group under the local users and groups on the analytics server.

a. In case the user is not added, add the user to this group, and restart the server. This should resolve the issue.

2. In case we are using IIS webserver in place of Qlikview webserver, we need to verify that the Qlikview application is added under the Application pool.

• To verify this, Go to run > inetmgr.

• Under the connections pane in the left, expand the server node and click Application pools.

• Verify that Qlikview is added in the list of pools.

In case the issue is not resolved, we can follow the below steps (This is not a method recommended usually, and should be followed only when we have already tried all the other things.)

1.Stop all the Qlikview services.

2. Go to the following location: C:\programdata.

3. Backup and delete the Qliktech folder.

4. Start the Qlikview services.

The Qliktech folder should be rebuilt. Try opening the QMC and it should be accessible now.

(In case there are any customizations, I am not sure how the deletion of Qliktech folder would impact.)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Karan