Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Not applicable

Setting QlikView 9 + 2008 + IIS 7 (Tunneling)

Hi, I install QVS 9 (build:7320) on Windows Server 2008R2 (X64) with IIS7 (IIS 7).

Try to configure it to use tunneling, but i have no luck:

I register qvstunnel.dll as web-extension (IIS > ISAPI and CGI Restrictions > Add...), restart IIS, then server..

error loading image

But when try to test tunnel (http://localhost/scripts/qvstunnel.dll?testtunnel) IE open file download menu..

error loading image

Don't know what I did wrong???

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Honored Contributor II

First of all, make sure that QvsTunnel.dll has only been defined as an ISAPI and CGI Restriction and not as an ISAPI filter. Next, open an elevated command prompt (Start>Programs>CMD, right click, select run as Administrator) and enter the following:

%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config "Default Web Site/Scripts/QvsTunnel.dll" "/commitSmiley Very Happyefault Web Site/Scripts" /section:handlers /accessPolicy:Read,Script,Execute

You should get this message in response:

Applied configuration changes to section "system.webServer/handlers" for "MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/Scripts/QvsTunnel.dll" at configuration commit path "MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/Scripts"

That's it--should work now.

9 Replies
vgutkovsky
Honored Contributor II

First of all, make sure that QvsTunnel.dll has only been defined as an ISAPI and CGI Restriction and not as an ISAPI filter. Next, open an elevated command prompt (Start>Programs>CMD, right click, select run as Administrator) and enter the following:

%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config "Default Web Site/Scripts/QvsTunnel.dll" "/commitSmiley Very Happyefault Web Site/Scripts" /section:handlers /accessPolicy:Read,Script,Execute

You should get this message in response:

Applied configuration changes to section "system.webServer/handlers" for "MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/Scripts/QvsTunnel.dll" at configuration commit path "MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/Scripts"

That's it--should work now.

Not applicable

Thanks a lot!

Now it's work!

elbertfjr22
New Contributor III

Thanks also a lot for this one Vlad. How we will able to do this if it's not on the manual!

Saved my day :-)

Regards,

Elbert

amien
Valued Contributor

Thanks alot!

amien
Valued Contributor

saved me twice. . thanks Smiley Happy its really change that in the first days of the server, i didnt get this error message, and at some point, people start getting this error message. And i didnt change anything on the server. It seems also that all people are tunneling now. So i cant explain why i get this message now, and before not.

Not applicable

Had the same problem for IIS7 / QlikView 11 when using IE plugin together with tunnelling, and this solved my problem! Is there any way to do that through IIS7 GUI?

vgutkovsky
Honored Contributor II

No way to do that through the UI as far as I know

Employee
Employee

Re: Setting QlikView 9 + 2008 + IIS 7 (Tunneling)

See if this will help.

Highlighted
vgutkovsky
Honored Contributor II

Bill, my fix above is to fix a bug with that UI method.

Vlad

Community Browser