Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

nishantbarclays
Not applicable

Warning Failed to get client: The communication with QlikView Server failed (TimedOut)!

Qlikview Access point  is down and when checked the log file and error is showing "Warning:Failed to get client: The communication with QlikView Server failed (TimedOut)!"

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
5 Replies
stabben23
Not applicable

Re: Warning Failed to get client: The communication with QlikView Server failed (TimedOut)!

Hi,

Begin to restart Your QVWS service, if that dosent help restart QVS service .

nishantbarclays
Not applicable

Re: Warning Failed to get client: The communication with QlikView Server failed (TimedOut)!

Hi Staffan,

Thanks for the reply. I have already restarted the QVWS service and made Accesspoint is up. I want to know the root cause of the issue. Why this error is throwing and how to avoid it in the future.

stabben23
Not applicable

If you have another webservices installed on the same server it will be conflicts, thats one of the reason that I know.

It could also be port issues.

Support
Support

What web server are you using - IIS? or QlikView WebServer?

Have you reviewed the QVS Events log (configured with High Verbosity) & QVWS log?

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Support
Support

There should be a setting in the Web Server config file which enables you to lengthen the default timeout value from 60 seconds.

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support