Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

tabs are splitting over to the next line (row)

Hi,

I am working on upgrading QlikView from ver 8.5 to 9.0 SP5 and when testing the AJAX zero footprint client we have noticed that the tabs along the top (in the tabrow) spill over to the next line sometimes and the tab color doesn't carry over so it looks sort of confusing. I the first example below, tab names in question are "Path Report" and "Patient satisfaction. This is not happening when using the IE plug-in or Java. We would prefer to use AJAX.

error loading image

When I try to readjust the size of IE/FireFox window the result is the same, albeit with different tabs. Tab names in the example below should read "% Needle Biopsy" and "Five Year survival"

error loading image

When I am Opening the tabrow properties the only thing I can customize is the font, nothing else. Is there a value I can set to prevent this behavior?

Thanks,

Aurel Cernea

BI Systems Administrator

Allina Hospitals and Clinics

612-262-1028

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't think you can easily prevent this from happening... You can try a few work arounds:

- shorten some of the tab names, if possible

- Group Tabs into some logical "bundles" and show/hide those bundles based on user choice - for example, a number of tabs under the group "Reports", another number of tabs under the group "KPIs etc...

- hide the tabrow altogether and replace it with your own navigation tools, using ver. 9.00 Actions. With Actions, it's quite easy to develop custom buttons that could serve as a prettier alternative to the standard Tabs.

cheers,