Skip to main content
Announcements
Document boards are being consolidated, this board no longer allows NEW documents READ MORE

How to Create a Profit and Loss Statement in QlikView

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennell_McIntire
Employee
Employee

How to Create a Profit and Loss Statement in QlikView

Last Update:

Aug 10, 2012 9:56:45 AM

Updated By:

Jennell_McIntire

Created date:

Aug 10, 2012 9:56:45 AM

Attachments

Have you ever created a P&L statement in QlikView?  Well, this technical brief outlines how to create a P&L statement in QlikView 11 using IntervalMatch.

Also check out this blog post.

Thanks,

Jennell

Labels (1)
Comments
alibd225
Creator
Creator

Hi jmc ,

Thanks for your solution. it's working fine for small range of data. but when i load a large data, it will take huge time to load this P&L. may be this slow happened due to syn tabla ...please suggest how i resolve this slowness.

0 Likes
paulyeo11
Master
Master

‌Hi Jennell

THank you for your contribution for sharing the the above interesting topic., As it have benefit a lot of us.

it is possible to write another blog topic on :-

HOw to create cash flow statement using Qlik View . As I have search and notice that many people have this asking help on this.

Paul

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Matthias,

I saw there's 2 row in your P&L, 'No. of Aircraft' at the top.

Do you mind to share on how it is achievable? Do you put the calculation in expression? or read the calculation from excel?

Hope to get some hint from you.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
pedromsouza
Creator
Creator

Um dos melhores tópicos que já encontrei! Muito útil para relatórios financeiros e contábeis.

0 Likes
pedromsouza
Creator
Creator

This is one of the best posts I've ever found!

Thank you so much.

The only thing I couldn't put to work is the space rows. All "s" rows show as single record at the top.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

no space rows.jpg

0 Likes
muratakkemik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is it working Qlikview version 8.50?

0 Likes
paulyeo11
Master
Master

I am using ver 9 , it work fine . So it should work for 8.5 also

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Whatsapp +65 9326 1804

www.tdstech.com<http://www.tdstech.com>

0 Likes
wandapec
Partner - Contributor III

Thanks for this post. Everything is working perfect except I have a problem with the spaces and can't figure out what the issue is... The 's' creates a space up to a point and then after that none of them work. After Trading Gross Profit all the way to the end of the Income Statement, none of the spaces show up... Any ideas?MissingSpaceModel.png

ExcelMissing.png

wandapec

Okay, I worked out that the issue is to do with the sort order.. Sorting by the P&L Heading Original Load order doesn't seem to work.. So in the load statement I added RowNo() as LineNo and sorted by that, hiding the LineNo dimension column. All working now...

pedromsouza
Creator
Creator

Steve,

I'm trying to sort the same issue. I added rowno() in the load script and used the new field to sort, but it didn't work. Did you do anything else?

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2012-08-10 09:56 AM
Updated by: