Skip to main content
Announcements
Document boards are being consolidated, this board no longer allows NEW documents READ MORE

SAP Stock Aging using the MSEG and MKPF tables

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richbyard
Contributor III
Contributor III

SAP Stock Aging using the MSEG and MKPF tables

Last Update:

Sep 20, 2022 1:59:53 PM

Updated By:

Sue_Macaluso

Created date:

Aug 28, 2015 4:58:30 AM

Attachments

Attached is an example of stock aging in SAP. In this example I have used the MSEG (Document Segment) and MKPF (Material Document Header) tables to identify both the current stock position and the purchases (the In movements of stock). The final stock value can then be distributed across the most recent stock in movement records to assign a date as to when this stock was received (based on a FIFO - first in first out methodology). The MKPF table is required as there was an incomplete set of records in the BUDAT (stock-in date) field in the MSEG table in this implementation (this may be different at other sites).

SAP Stock Age.png

The basic process is as follows:

1. identify the purchase instances (headers) from the MKPF table. This is required to get the stock-in date for each purchase instance (BUDAT).
  2. Join in the purchase records (where SHKZG = 'S' to identify in movements of stock) and the unit cost of these movements by material (MATNR) and location (LGORT). The MSEG and MKPF tables join based on the MANDT, MBLNR and MJAHR fields. I have chosen to right join the MSEG table as I only require the purchase records (i.e. SHKZG = 'S').
  3. Calculate the latest final stock values for each Material (MATNR) and Location (LGORT) and add this against each purchase line. This does repeat the final stock value across many lines but that is used in the next step.
  4. Calculate the distribution of the current stock over the most recent preceding purchases. I have also calculated the cost of the stock based on the unit value of the final stock as calculated in step 3.

As this involves a bit of logic to look at preceeding values etc I have attached an example which shows the 4 steps in the coding that you can copy and reuse. The example is based on the QVDs as they would be generated using the SAP Connector script generator** so if you have used this it should be an easy reload of this data.

**Note: the MATNR field is renamed to make it a key in MSEG as [%MATNR_KEY].

Any clarifications or improvements please feel free to add in comments below.

Comments
killersswang
Contributor II
Contributor II

Awesome! this is just what I was looking for, one suggestion in to use class function instead of nested if to calculate the Stock Age Buckets.

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-09-20 01:59 PM
Updated by: