Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calling a soap web service from an extension object's script.js

Hi there,

I am new to QlikView and I need to find a way to call a soap web service from a QlikView 11 extension object's script.js. I have not find any documentation/sample on that matter.

Any help appreciated,

Stéphane

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hi Stéphane,

There is really not any qlikview specific to calling a web service from within QV.

Some sample script.js

//Register your extension

Qva.AddExtension('MyExtensionObject', function(){

//Rendering function. The data exposed to the extension is available in this.data.xx in the JSApi

//Example of looping over the rows of data exposed to the extension

for (var i = 0; i < this.Data.Rows.length; i++) {

var row = this.Data.Rows

//Construct your soap request

//There is tons of good examples of the web that explains this better then me

}

});

Edit: Here is a good example how to call a web service using jquery which is included in QV: http://community.qlik.com/thread/36011

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hi Stéphane,

There is really not any qlikview specific to calling a web service from within QV.

Some sample script.js

//Register your extension

Qva.AddExtension('MyExtensionObject', function(){

//Rendering function. The data exposed to the extension is available in this.data.xx in the JSApi

//Example of looping over the rows of data exposed to the extension

for (var i = 0; i < this.Data.Rows.length; i++) {

var row = this.Data.Rows

//Construct your soap request

//There is tons of good examples of the web that explains this better then me

}

});

Edit: Here is a good example how to call a web service using jquery which is included in QV: http://community.qlik.com/thread/36011

Not applicable
Author

Thank Alexander. It is now clear to me there is no QlikView API to deal with web services and that I have to use a 3rd party library like JQuery.