Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can an extension object detect and block a tab change?

I have an extension object that (based off selection in QlikView) reads a string from the database, allows the user to alter that string and then store it back to the database. Inside the extension object I have validation in place where if a user changes values of some of the controls inside the extension object I prompt them to check if they want to save their changes before.

The problem is that if a user changes tabs and comes back the extension object refreshes and thus loses the changes they may have made.

Is there a way for an extension object to detect a tab change and potentially block the tab change? Or maybe a different route, is there a way to make the extension object NOT refresh on a tab change, so it just retains the changes they might be in the middle of making?

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Nevermind, I answered my own question. I was able to consolidate all my CSS and common JS into one document extension that all seven extension objects then use, instead of having seven separate copies.

Pretty nifty

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Can you please post you extension js code , would be a lot helpful for me .

Thanks ,

s_tushar