Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Consume data from Qlik with a REST Service

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to get data from Qlik over a REST service? I am not sure if it is possible and I do not know what keyword I should use for the search. Most result I find are about pulling data from REST services to insert them into Qlik. Are there any documentation?

We are intending to build a mobile application, which does something completely different than Qlikview provides. However we need the data ouput of Qlik.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Khoa,

this would be a great feature for QlikView 11 but doesn't exists. There will be some new APIs coming with QlikView.next in that area..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

QVSource can get data from rest sources. See this discussion: Re: Pulling Data from REST APIs (XML/JSON)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Khoa,

this would be a great feature for QlikView 11 but doesn't exists. There will be some new APIs coming with QlikView.next in that area..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
rbecher
MVP
MVP

..consume data FROM QlikView

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ah, my mistake. I misread the question.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

You can't get it from REST, but you could get the data with the v11 API using GetObject.  Not ideal, but could be a workaround until QlikView.Next comes out.

doc.GetObject('ObjectID', function() {

var data = this.Data.rows;

});

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Is this working outside of an extension?

Astrato.io Head of R&D
varunqvmm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dear Rbecher,

Can we consume data from QlikView with a REST Service  in QlikView 12 ? 

And i would be pleased if you can help me understand how the data sources are connected (link between data source and sheets )to the sheets in QVW document.(For Example :Suppose a csv file data is used in sheet 1 and database query information is used in sheet 2 ,i want this linkage).

Is there any Java API or any other export file from QlikView that can give me a solution.

Thanks ,

Varun