Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Google Maps - Cluster

Google Maps Extension with Cluster support.

QlikTech takes no responsibility for any code and QlikTech Support Agreement does not cover issues with this extension.

Please review Googles license agreement before you put this into production.

Introduction

This is a QlikView extension object that integrates Google Maps Javascript API V3 and a third party library called MarkerClusterPlus into QlikView.

Load a set a coordinates into QlikView and visualize them together with this extension. The clustering feature is create when you have alot of data points and needs to group/cluster them together for greater visability and performance.

The maxzoom property defines at what zoom level you want your markers clustered. The grid size property controls how big or small cluster grid size you want.

You can either use the extension 'as is' or use it as a base to further customize it to fit your needs.

Download the extension and view source code at: https://github.com/mindspank/GoogleMaps-Cluster-QV11

cluster.PNG

If you build something awesome please share it with the community!

Live long and prosper.

2015-02-15
Removed download from post, please grab the latest version from Github instead.

2014-02-03

Various fixes.

2014-01-09

There has been numerous upgrades to the extension.

Now clusters now display the value of your expression and with added support to include more information in pop-up labels.

Example grayscale styled map included.

Possibility to show only a single cluster icon style if you do not want it to scale according to the number of markers in the cluster.

2013-06-17

Added custom marker support. Now you can specify a url for an custom marker. Accepts all major image file types.

350 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

Make sure you are running at least IE9 or above.

Also your coordinates looks a little bit strange, for example -02.9343 does not look right, it should be formatted as -2

Not applicable

Thanks very much Alexander, it finally worked I'm not sure why but I believe that is something related to have both Cluster and Mark extension installed and chose the right format for the measurement.

Great extension by the way.

Not applicable

Dear Grant, I want to do something similar to your work and include the average value of the measure, I have the Alexander script.js in my computer how can I compile that in a new extension? Could you send me a link to a tutorial about that?

Thanks in advance

Javi

farnsworth
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Javi,

To get the average you need to open the script.js script page.  I used notepad++ to edit the script to my needs.

The average is a simple version which give a "loose" average which is based on the average values contained within the underlying markers in the cluster.

In the scipt,js page I changed the code on line 254 for the var abbreviatedValue from this:

var abbreviatedValue = abbreviateNumber(measure)

to this:

var abbreviatedValue = Math.floor( abbreviateNumber(measure/count)).

Hope this helps.

Not applicable

Thanks Grant, I can't find this file in my QlikView installation.

Probably I need to compile it again to create a new extension, do you know how to compile this to obtain a new .qar?

Regards

Javi

farnsworth
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Javi,

Change the ".qar" file name to ".zip" then extract all the files in the zip folder.  Edit the script.js file to what you need then you need to rezip the folder back and change the ".zip" to ".qar".

To load your amended code just double click the ".qar" file to load the amended extension.

Not applicable

thanks very much

nboccassini
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

The Dafault zoom parameter doesn't works!
Correct at line 127

map.setZoom(map.getZoom()-1);

into

map.setZoom(_this.ExtSettings.DefaultZoom);

Gabriele

Not applicable

Helo Geovanni,

I have the same problem, when I activate webview it shows a webpage with a message saying that the navigation was canceled.

Did you solved this issue?

nahuel04
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Alexander.

Could you share the script in wich you change the colour of each point depending on the amount.

I actually have developed it into my project showing all the dots in yellow regardless on the amount.

the published version of the extension is not managing this situation.

Could you help me out on this?

Thanks a lot!