cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anil_y_86
Contributor III
Contributor III

Google Maps to work without connecting to internet

Hi, I need to work on a requirement on Google Map without connecting to internet (means our server are not having internet connection).  Can anyone who has worked on this kind of requirement.  please reply ?  Any alternates for this will be really helpful ?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The extension or background will simply not render. 

There are options to have tile servers (the "drawings" of the maps) locally, so you don't need access to the Internet. I don't know if that's possible with Google's and how big the cluster of servers would need to be to host that information.

If you are using the scatter object with dynamic background, it requires internet access for the background, however the bubbles will display on a blank chart in the right location with the right size, if an expression has been defined for their size.

If you are using an extension, you need full access to Internet as it is something.google.com which replies and displays the points or routes on screen.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe the best solution in this case is going to potentially be Qlik Geo Analytics Local Server option:

https://www.qlik.com/us/products/qlik-geoanalytics

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.