Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to get position of a chart in extension?

I have a chart ID of another chart in my extension. Is it possible to use this chart ID to get current position of of the other chart in the qlikview AJAX page? I want to stick my extension object close to the target chart. 

I tried to look at html, but it seems that there is no relation between chart ID and rendered html. Otherwise I could use it. Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

As of QlikView SR2, there actually is some code in the HTML that identifies the QlikView object.  There is a class on the container div of the object. 

Screen Shot 2013-04-26 at 7.48.34 AM.png

You could get the position on that object on the page by using $(".Document_CH08").position().top and $(".Document_CH08").position().left

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

As of QlikView SR2, there actually is some code in the HTML that identifies the QlikView object.  There is a class on the container div of the object. 

Screen Shot 2013-04-26 at 7.48.34 AM.png

You could get the position on that object on the page by using $(".Document_CH08").position().top and $(".Document_CH08").position().left

Not applicable
Author

I had looked for that info in HTML, but I didn't see it. May be it's not there in v11 SR1?

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Yes actually v11 SR1 has some fairly large bugs with extension properties also. So I'd upgrade to SR 2 anyway, but yes it also has the object ID in the class in the HTML element.

Not applicable
Author

I see. That was helpful. I will upgrade to SR2.

Thanks