Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afsarshaikh
Creator
Creator

Microsoft Visual C++ association with QlikView

Hello,

We do have Microsoft Visual C++ installed on Microsoft Server 2012 and now, the IS team wanted to uninstall them from the server. So, the question goes if the uninstall has any affect on Qlik application(s)?

Please help! Thanks.

Regards,
Afsar Shaikh
Project Manager- QlikView Dev. & Support
Afsar Shaikh
Email- afsar.shaikh@live.com
Labels (2)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you are referring to Visual Studio Redistributables, yes, removing those could impact the installation.  The only thing I could recommend to confirm would be to run the install on a 'clean' box and check to see what redistributables are added that way, then you will know which ones are needed on the server.  I do not recall that we have things documented to this level, apologies, but hopefully not too big a problem to run the installer on a clean machine and see what you get that way.  It could be we are not using any, but I am not certain.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.