Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Moving selection results to data-entry application

I am looking for a proven method to reuse the analyzed data in a data-entry application.

For instance the user selected country belgium and organisation X. This selection should be moved to the data-entry application, not in terms of moving the data, but moving executable code so the data-entry application could fetch the data using its own mechanism.

What way of work is useful when your data-entry applicaton is .net 4.0?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

There is a working solution in this thread.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I do not understand what you are trying to achieve. Could you give a concrete example?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jgeorge,

As an example, I analyze a dataset with the fields country and revenue.

The list is 300 records. The data is derived from one single data-entry source system.

I start to filter on 2 specific records in qlikview and retrieve 4 records.

I move back to my data-entry application and want to show these 4 records in my data-entry application so i can edit them (so to say I used qlikview as a smart selection tool).

How can I show these 4 records in an intelligent way? Can I fetch a type of SQL from qlikview?

Can I call a webservice ? actually these 4 records are already in the data-entry system so i do not need an import routine.

Not applicable
Author

I think the best way to achieve what you want is to create a qlikview extension. It will allow you to handle your object's data in javascript and use every method available in client-side web development to send your data where you want.

I attached a simple extension with a button to send the data to a given URL with a http post request.

Not applicable
Author

There is a working solution in this thread.