Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QvAjax.js crashes on IsActive property

Hello all!

I'm fairly new to QlikView, but have a decent background in website development. I'm currently working on a few custom extension objects for a client, but over the last 3 weeks I'm facing an issue I cannot seem to fix. So hopefully someone in this community can point me in the right direction.

When using the geo extension I'm developing everything seems to work fine at first. But after using the dashboard for a while it crashes with an error on the 'IsActive' property in QvAjax.js. See attached screenshot for the exact message.

IsActive.png

I even have gone as far as digging through the QvAjax.js code and found that the 'IsActive' property is only used twice within the same function 'SetSearchableAndActives'.

I hope someone knows how to fix this problem as it prevents the use of my extension and therefor the use of QlikView within the client organization.

Some Background:

• I'm working with QV 11 SR 2
  • on Windows 7
  • using IE 9
  • the extension uses d3 and polymaps as external js libraries
  • the error is not displayed when the dashboard is hosted on the server, but it juts freezes the dashboard every once in a while

First of all many thanks for taking the time to read my question. If you have any ideas or suggestion in where to look to solve my problem, just let me know.

Kind Regards,

Joost

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Some further investigation revealed that using other extensions objects can cause the same 'IsActive' error as above as long as the geo extension is on that page as well. So it seems to me the code is triggered by QlikView in evaluating the extensions and is not triggered by code form the extension itself, although there might be a link between the two.

Can someone please help me out?

Not applicable
Author

I had exactly the same error

I uninstalled QV and reinstalled the latest version, and now it is working

Not applicable
Author

Thank you yadurand.

Can I ask you which version of QlikView you are running at the moment? I´m currently on:

Version 11.0.11440.0 SR2

Not applicable
Author

you're not up do date

mine is 11.20. ....  SR2

Not applicable
Author

As suggested I updated to the latest version: 11.20.11922.0 SR2

Unfortunately without any luck as the problem is still there, but I really appreciate your help yadurand.

Not applicable
Author

did you just uprgrade of try uninstall/reinstall ?

Not applicable
Author

I should have been more clear, but yes I removed the old QlikView installation first (via "Control Panel" and then "Progams and Features").

After installing the newest QlikView I noticed I didn´t have to enter my license key, so maybe I didn´t remove the installation properly.

Not applicable
Author

no it's OK I didn't enter it either

So, sorry no idea how to help you

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help anyway!