Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Referencing a qlikview object within an extension

Hi All,

I am writing an extension that renders a google vizualization. On the same sheet as my extension, I have two listboxes that display data fields as normal.

From within my javascript I would like to be able to obtain a handle to these listboxes so that I can iterate over their data.

The API documentation says to use: 'Qv.GetCurrentDocument().GetObject(objectName)' where objectName is defined as 'The name of the object you want to append your callbackFn to.'

However, the problem I'm having is that I do not know the name of my objects in order to be able to reference them. I have tried the obvious things like using their objectId etc. but none of these are successful. No matter what I use for the objectName parameter, I don't get back a proper handle to the object:

Example 1

var mydoc = Qv.GetCurrentDocument();

var ch    = mydoc.GetObject("LB02");

alert(ch.Layout.ObjectId);

Example 2

var mydoc = Qv.GetCurrentDocument();

var ch    = mydoc.GetObject("Document\LB02");

alert(ch.Layout.ObjectId);

After running either of the above code samples, I expect to obtain an alert with the ObjectId of my listbox in order to prove I have obtained a correct handle. However, the alert box is always just blank.

Can anybody please advise on how I can find the internal QV name assigned to each object? Or perhaps an alternative way to get a hold of my listboxes from within my javascript?

Thanks,

Padraic

2 Replies
ThomasGorr
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Padraic, the GetObject-Function is asynchronous. You need to await the callback of this function with `SetOnUpdateComplete()`. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/12.1/apis/js+API/symbols/Qv.Document.html#SetOnUpdate... You could try something like this: var mydoc = Qv.GetCurrentDocument(); var ch    = mydoc.GetObject("LB02"); ch.SetOnUpdateComplete(()=>{   alert(ch.Layout.ObjectId); });

dionverbeke
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I did, but get multiple submissions of the callback. How do I avoid that?

Dion