Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushovan93
Contributor III
Contributor III

Webpage Viewer2 in not working in 12.30SR3

Hi Every one,

I have Webpage Viewer2 extension for showing some UI5 page in QlikView.

It was working before on 12.10SR8. but recently i have upgraded my QlikView to 12.30SR3 then its not working its showing blank.

I checked the Server its installed there also so server installation is not a problem here.

Can you please help me to resolve this?

6 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

It is most likely one of the APIs you are using has changed in the newer release requiring an update to the extension...  If you did not create the extension, you should go back to who did and ask if they can confirm whether it should run in 12.30 track or not...  Best I can offer on this one.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
pedromfreire
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi guys, 

Just found I have the exact same issue after upgrading to 12.40.20300.

Did you manage to get a solution?

Thanks

Pedro Freire

basav
Creator
Creator

@Brett_Bleess , hope you are doing well. I am reaching out to you, to get some more info on qlikview extension development. I went through qlikblog website which has set of extension created by Stefan. However, couldn't find, much information in hep.qlik website. Can you please help us out by pointing us to some more resources. I also registered to Qlik Branch, there too I found some extensions. 

My problem is  I am not able to find qlikview properties page. I am just referring and studying others code. There is no go to resource for the Qlikview extension development. Please help us on this. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only things to which I can point are the following:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2020/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/QV_Extensions...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2020/Content/QV_HelpSites/APIsAndSDKs.htm

I believe those would be the two pieces you most likely need in this case.  One of the other staff should see this though and shout if they have some other resources of which they can think.  The only other place to look around would be the Design Blog area:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Sorry I do not have anything better for you, but hopefully this may be some stuff you did not find on your own.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
basav
Creator
Creator

Thank you @Brett_Bleess . 

I googled for like about 3 to 4 hours to find answer to my question. Unfortunately I couldn't.

Well, I guess I have to read  other brilliant guys code, and try to learn from it. Thanks again. 

cheers,

Basav

pmontezinho
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi guys,

I might have found a solution for this problem.

After analysing the errors details in F12 (Chrome, Firefox, IE), I found that the error was in an indefOf function. It looks like with this new Qlik versions, the load function expects a string and not a function as the first parameter. To understand better this situation you have to open WebPageViewer2 folder installed on your PC or server. As you can see in the init() function from the Script.js file, the load function has only one parameter, a function.

// Add the iframe
var $ifrm = $(document.createElement("iframe"));
$ifrm.attr("id", "ifrm_" + _this.ExtSettings.UniqueId);
$ifrm.attr('security', 'restricted');
$ifrm.attr("frameborder", 0);
$ifrm.width(_this.GetWidth() + "px");
$ifrm.height(_this.GetHeight() + "px");
$ifrm.load(function () {
    $ifrm.fadeIn(100);
});
$(_this.Element).append($ifrm);
_this.ContainerCreated = true;

After some analysis, and some try this, try that, I just had a new string parameter before the function, and it worked perfectly for me. I still have an error message, but at least I can load the web page to QlikView dashboard. I've to study a little bit more what's changed in this Qlik version, to understand what's the first parameter. In my case I just wrote "QvsStatus":

$ifrm.load("QvsStatus",function () {
	$ifrm.fadeIn(100);
});

Additionally, I also have to change the InitContent() function, because the dashboard have a list box that interact with the parameters inside the WebPageViewer. Every time I click on another value in this list box, my WebPage disappear. So again I used the F12 Chrome application I found the problem was in the InitContent() function. In this case, I just comment the $ifrm.fadeOut(100); line, and it worked for me:

// ------------------------------------------------------------------
// Initializes the content of the main extension control
// ------------------------------------------------------------------
function InitContent() {

ConsoleInfo(_this.ExtSettings.ExtensionName + ": Init Content");

if (_this.ExtSettings.ReloadNeeded) {
    ConsoleInfo(_this.ExtSettings.ExtensionName + ": Reload is needed ...");
    var $ifrm = $("#ifrm_" + _this.ExtSettings.UniqueId);
    //$ifrm.fadeOut(100);
    $ifrm.attr("src", _this.ExtSettings.WebPageUrl);
  } else {
    ConsoleInfo(_this.ExtSettings.ExtensionName + ": Reload is not necessary, Url did not change ...");
  }
}

I hope this solution can help you too.

Best regards.