Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bendikl
Contributor II
Contributor II

convert json date format to dd/mm/yyyy

Hi,

Im trying to get the dd/mm/yyyy format for my date that i get through a REST connection, however every date comes in json format like this: /Date(1667378999417-0000)/ 
I have tried various methods of converting the date but nothing seems to do the trick, have anyone encountered this issue before?

Brg,

Ben

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

OK, this is called  Epoch Unix Timestamp. You can find an example and a running clock at https://www.unixtimestamp.com/?unixTimestampInput=%7B%7B%7Bs%7D%7D%7D

You will need to strip the -0000 off it and use
 timeStamp(Makedate(1970,1,1)+ 1668085945 /24/60/60 + Date((120/24/60) , 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'))  to convert it

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Good afternoon Bendiki.

JSON does not know anything about dates. What .NET does is a non-standard hack/extension. The problem with dates in JSON and really JavaScript in general – is that there's no equivalent literal representation for dates. In JavaScript following Date constructor straight away converts the milliseconds since 1970 to Date as follows:

var jsonDate = new Date(1297246301973);

Then let's convert it to js format:

var date = new Date(parseInt(jsonDate.substr(6)));

The substr() function takes out the /Date( part, and the parseInt() function gets the integer and ignores the )/ at the end. The resulting number is passed into the Date constructor .

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

To add on to what @Lucas_Gatling  said, you can also play around with this in excel, to get the format.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Bendikl
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thank you! 

I am pretty new to Qlik, but i tried adding it to the edit script and it didnt seem to read the code, is there another place within Qlikview i need to put this?

brg,

Ben

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You have to date the field like this.

Date(FieldName, 'MMM-YYYY') as NewFieldName

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Looking back at this, and searching, I can't find any date format that matches the above. Are you sure this is a date field? What system is it from?

Bendikl
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Yeah i tried formating it the way you suggested but it didnt work..

It's data from Puzzel (https://developer.puzzel.com/#/) through a REST connection.

This is how the date is displayed in the browser

Bendikl_0-1668081322984.png

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

OK, this is called  Epoch Unix Timestamp. You can find an example and a running clock at https://www.unixtimestamp.com/?unixTimestampInput=%7B%7B%7Bs%7D%7D%7D

You will need to strip the -0000 off it and use
 timeStamp(Makedate(1970,1,1)+ 1668085945 /24/60/60 + Date((120/24/60) , 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'))  to convert it