Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Barchart - in 3D, the height of a column does not correspond to the value !?

Hi,

I have a very straightforward issue:

I have a barchart based on an Excel list - not an original list that our employees work in, but one I typed off because it's a one-off thing.

Because of this, I wanted the chart to look a bit more stylish than usual.

It is a simple barchart because I wanted to stack segments on top of one another which is more difficult in the combochart.

=> Now, when I select a simple 2D design, the height of one column (which is not stacked) corresponds pretty exactly to the value that I get when I hover over the segment.

<=> When I switch to a more stylish 3D design (square or round, does not really matter), it does not -. even worse:

- When I select a round 3D design, the column reaches up to nearly the line of 1.1 mio, whereas the value is slightly over that mark
        => that is still ok.

- When I select a square 3D design, the column reaches pretty exactly to the line of 1.0 mio - which is not okay anymore (the next
        line, the 1.1mio, is about half a centimeter above it) ...

Has anyone experienced this before? Is this a bug with the design or is there some underlying reason connected with the data?

I can of course attach three screenshots for you (all three derived from the exact same set of data), but they wouldn't show anything else than I am telling you).

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Okay,

it seems this has to do with the way a chart is made up. Apparently, if there are SET_expressions built into the expressions in the chart, it doesn't work reliably. I changed my data now so that there are none in the chart, and now it seems fine.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Okay,

it seems this has to do with the way a chart is made up. Apparently, if there are SET_expressions built into the expressions in the chart, it doesn't work reliably. I changed my data now so that there are none in the chart, and now it seems fine.