Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Can I nest one set_expression in another?

`Hi,

I'm trying to do something rather complex on scripting level and, since I cannot yet figure it out, I would like to try the same thing on GUI-level:

- I want a diagram with categories (from to) as my x-axis and the count of employees within each category as y-axis.

- I have a table where, for every day and for every employee present on that day, there is an entry with a pos. or neg. nr. of hrs/min that employee worked (more or less than his due)

- When I sum all days up for one employee, I get a correct total as of today.

<=> I want to be able to select any day in the past and get that category-view on that day (so in the background I need the total of every employee on any given day, which means summing up all individual values from that employee's entry date up to that day)

Can I "simply" write, as formula in my diagram, sth like >> count of all employees for who the sum of all individual values from the first day (I have filtered for the entry_date of every employee) up to the selected day is within a certain category <<? => two nested set_expressions

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
daveamz
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Friedrich,

It is possible, but it depends on your data model. It will be something like:

count({<EmployeeID={"=sum({<Date = {"<=$(vSelectedDate)"}>}Value) >=x <=y "}>}EmployeeID)

From QlikView Help: Set Analysis

Set Modifiers with Advanced Searches

Advanced searches using wildcards and aggregations can be used to define sets.

Examples:

[...]

sum( {$<Customer = {“=Sum({1<Year = {2007}>} Sales ) > 1000000”}>} Sales )
returns the sales for current selection, but with a new selection in the “Customer” field: only customers who during 2007 had a total sales of more than 1000000.

Best regards,

David