Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2020: Join us May 11 - 14, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ. Register early and save $400. Learn More
Highlighted
mariasdu
Contributor

Different colors in a line chart?

Hi

I have a problem with getting different colors of the curves in my line chart. They all have the same color, which is not very easy to look at.

I have tried different things in the colors tab in the properties menu, but I can't seem to find the mssing link.

Anybody can tell me?

Below is my chart and a cpoy of the colors tab.

Kind Regards Maria

zaz.png

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Partner
Partner

Re: Different colors in a line chart?

if you delete the background of your expression, what's happened ?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
nizamsha
Valued Contributor II

check the expression background weather any RGB is given .if it so mean remove that one

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Hi maria,

I don't actually know why the colours are not different for you - they should be - the first colour in this palette should only be used for the first expression and so on...

I would, however, propose a different approach:

=> For the sake of simplicity, I follow a (self-made) internal standard here to never use the colours_tab, but always define expression_colours via the expression_properties (which you can expand by clicking on the + on the "expression" tab)

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Nizam is probably right. Have you maybe just copied one expression over and over and then adapted it? - if so, any background_colour that was set in the expr_properties would have been copied of course - and those settings override anything you do on the "colours"_tab.

Partner
Partner

if you delete the background of your expression, what's happened ?

View solution in original post

nizamsha
Valued Contributor II

i think he is having 2 dimension  ,if single color is initilized for single expression mean  ,Then all the  line will be in single color only

sujeetsingh
Honored Contributor III

i dont think it is possible

What you can do is that you just write conditions for same expression as many times.

mariasdu
Contributor

It worked! Now my curves are different colors. Nice..

I believe I had the problem, because I have copied my former coworkers work and put in my own data set. So she must have made this setting.