Pers_IdFirst NameLast NameCompanyCountry
1ABCD
2XYZW

What I want to do is to create something like this

First NameA
Last NameB
CompanyC
CountryD

I would add a list box or something to filter out Per_Id. What I would need is to display the attributes for person when the per_id is selected, only for the selected one. 

could you please suggest me how can I create the table? 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would suggest to keep your data as it is but what the priorities of your straight table or use an multibox to achieve your desired layout.

STRAIGHT TABLE
1. Create a straight table with your desired dimensions.
2. You need to add an expression. If you have no expression to use them I suggest you add = only (Pers_id), but set it to be hidden. The hide column property is found in Chart Properties: Presentation.
3. Transpose your straight table by checking the horizontal propriety in Chart Properties: Presentation.

MULTI BOX
If you are only interested in examining a single customer at a time then the multi box could be an alternative.

It is equivalent to a collection of list boxes, but will display values as a transposed staying table without the need/possibility of an expression when only one single customer is selected/available in you selection.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would suggest to keep your data as it is but what the priorities of your straight table or use an multibox to achieve your desired layout.

STRAIGHT TABLE
1. Create a straight table with your desired dimensions.
2. You need to add an expression. If you have no expression to use them I suggest you add = only (Pers_id), but set it to be hidden. The hide column property is found in Chart Properties: Presentation.
3. Transpose your straight table by checking the horizontal propriety in Chart Properties: Presentation.

MULTI BOX
If you are only interested in examining a single customer at a time then the multi box could be an alternative.

It is equivalent to a collection of list boxes, but will display values as a transposed staying table without the need/possibility of an expression when only one single customer is selected/available in you selection.
baliyan_vinay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the info. I could use a straight chart but the problem is that the dimensions are displayed vertically and I want them to horizontally displayed cause it is only one record shown at a time. Any ideas on how to do it?

Really appreciate your help. 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Did you try what I wrote in my previous post?

"3. Transpose your straight table by checking the horizontal propriety in Chart Properties: Presentation."

It should make your table display the values horizontally.
baliyan_vinay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Oh you're awesome man. Just missed the Horizontal part, my bad. Thank you so much. Can you please also tell me if there is a possibility to have it in a horizontal way even if no pers_no is selected with some kind of expression?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

A chart in QlikView needs to have at least one expression, I realise that my first suggestion might be to strict, returning NULL if you have two persons with the same name in the same company and country. Use count(Pers_id) or SUM(1) instead of only(Pers_id).

If you hide the expression column it is not important which expression you use as long it's not calculating NULL or zero for a row you want to display.
baliyan_vinay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It also returns one extra row for total Sum I think, anyhow I could hide it as well?

baliyan_vinay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks buddy it worked.