Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

In a chart, cumulative sum not persisting for a selected date range

I need some help in calculating the cumulative sum which persists the value of the whole date range and display the same value for a selected range as well.

Business case

We need to measure “ongoing subscriptions” count which is sum of previous day's ongoing subscriptions and current date subscriptions.

For day#1 Ongoing subscription is same as Subscription count.

Attached: payvia_Qlikview_Support_MockUp.qvw

Screenshot#1 Cumulative sum for the whole date range

#1.PNG

Screenshot#2 Cumulative sum for the selected date range. Desired value is in highlighted color below which is calculated separately and added to the screenshot

#2.PNG

Screenshot#3: Cumulative sum for the entire date range for the selected filter

#3.PNG

Screenshot#4: Cumulative sum of the selected date range and the filter. Desired result is highlighted and added in the below screenshot.

#4.PNG

I would greatly appreciate if someone can help me with this problem?

FYI... I tried other approached like

• Calculate the cumulative total at SQL level and roll it to the QVW but the issue is we never know what filters the user will be selecting. In the sample document I attached, I have only 3 filters but in my original copy, I have 7 different filters for the user to select
  • A single group by date would not work because, it will through off all the filters from the equation

Thanks and I appreciate any help.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Has anyone gave a shot at this?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try an AsOf table. See here for an explanation of that concept and attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand