Tooltips against each cell of a Straight Table

Dear All,

I have a table like ,

ItemDescriptionQuantity
ABook10
BPen12
CNotebook14
DPencil16

I need to create a Straight Table which will show Item wise sum(Quantity). I don't have any option to include 'Description' field in dimension list.

But I want to show Description of an Item as ToolTips or any HelpText kind of things. Whenever a user hovers mouse pointer to a Item cell, a small popup containing description of the item needs to be shown.

Is it possibele in QV10?

Any help would be highly appreceated.

Thanks & Regards,

Somnath.

4 Replies
Not applicable

I would love to do the same thing, prefeably using the comments field on the expressions tab so grateful if somebody could have a go at answering.

Many thanks,

Lawrence

Not applicable

Hi,

in pivot/straight table, i don't think we have an option to show pop up on data items while in other graphical charts such as bar chart we have option to pop up text.

In straight/pivot table either you can use help text or comment text which can show pop up but that will not be on the data items.

Ashutosh

Not applicable

I was looking for the same function, without finding. However, please refer to the latest answer to the thread here, which I find creative and in some cases very satisfying.

pipuindia99
Creator III
Creator III

have a look at this Cell Popups in Straight Table | Qlikview Cookbook you might get the answer