We had a power outage and had to bring servers down due to length of outage. We started everything back up and clients can no longer access the dashboards with Internet Explorer. Prior to that everything worked fine. The dashboards load fine in Internet Explorer on the server. Dahsboards load fine using Google Chrome and Firefox on clients. We have the IE plugin installed on a few clients and if they choose that it works also. What could have caused this issue and how to I resolve it?
The main page loads fine but the dashboards do not load in Internet Explorer. I attached a screen shot of what dashboard looks like in IE.
Reviewing the Sessions log. I am seeing an error that the session was killed because named user cal was needed from another client. Screen shot of that attached. How do I clear that error because it is not a true error. I am only logged in on one computer.
Solved! Go to Solution.
You are correct. I just check each computer and IE was upgraded to IE10. Do you know if there is a version of Qlikview that works with IE 10 or do I need to rollback to IE9?
You can either roll back to IE 9, or upgrade to QV 11.2 SR 2.http://community.qlik.com/blogs/technicalbulletin/2013/05/22/qlikview-1120-sr2-is-now-available
We have QV 11 SR2 with IE 9 browser.
A named cal has been assigned to "abc.support" id (specially created for QV developement)
Using this ID, 3 simultaneous developers are working.
Using this ID, a business user is able to access the dashboards on machine no 1.
But using same ID, we are not able to access the dashboards on machine no 2 & 3.
Accesspoint opens but when we click on a particular dashboard, it shows "Failed to open document." or "Document not found."
Well, having 3 different people use the same ID (and therefore the same CAL) would be circumventing the licensing structure. QVS has systems in place to detect and prevent this from happening, so that's most likely what you're running into.
The "abc.support" has been assigned to one user, but for testing purpose the admin accesses the dashboard from different machines.
The development happens on the development server with 3 simultaneous instances.
However we are able to access the dashboard through chrome using same ID on different machine, only IE has some issues.
If you are leasing a CAL, the QVS keeps up with the machine and browser that the CAL is accessing QVS from. It will only allow two instances running at once. Also, you'll see issues if you try and open the same QVW in different browsers. You will only have access to one. If you try and go back and forth between the browsers it will disconnect the old one and reconnect the new one. Basically what this means is that you need to limit your developer to 2 machines and one browser per QVWper machine. Opening different QVWs on different browsers on the same machine should cause no issues.
Sure Chris..... will keep that in mind.
But not able to understand why the same QVWs are not getting open on IE but works perfectly on chrome which is driving me crazy.
Most likely because you're using IE Plugin for your IE client and something is going awry there. Not able to QVP to server, older version of IE Plugin, IE Plugin disabled on server, etc. In the AP on IE, click on "View Details" for the QVW in question, then click on "Full Browser Version". This should act the same as Chrome. If not, then you have some type of security settings in IE that is preventing the connection.