I have changed the config file to reflect our Qlikview server name.
When I run this exe i get a different result depending on how I run it.
from the CMD: I get the error message: 'Authorization failed for user 2SALPR-QVIEW01\QVXS, required access level is QlikViewManagementAPI"
The user 2SALPR-QVIEW01\QVXS is local admin on the qlikview server. I have gone to properties for 'qv-user-manager.exe' and checked the option to 'allow non admin users to run' but this makes no difference.
Option 2: I use the examples and place the Execute in a QVW file. I get a security error when loading that says I need to set an Execute switch, but it doesn't tell me where. So I ignore this and it produces a file called Cals.csv. but the file has zero records.
I am running QV version 10 SR3.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Make sure the user is added to the "QlikView Management API" group (you may have to add the group as well).
Also, if you are trying to run this against a QV11 server, see this post: http://community.qlik.com/message/176949#176949
Thanks for replying.
I have created an AD Group called 'QlikviewManagmenetAPI' on the local machine which runs as the Qlikview Server. The local user is QVXS and has full local admin rights. The local user QVXS is now the sole member of this new AD Group.
When I run the qv-user-manager at commandline I get this error: Authorization failed for user 2SALPR-QVIEW01\QVXS, required access level is QlikViewManagementAPI.
Is there something else I am not doing right?
Are all your services running on one machine? If the management service is on a different machine then add the group there. Also, check to make sure you have the correct spelling on the group name.
Here is the excerpt from the README.md file in the qv-user-manager folder after the power tools are extracted.
Add the user that is executing the tool to the "QlikView Management API" Windows group. This group does not exist by default and must be created.
Change the line below in qv-user-manager.exe.config file to reflect the server address of your QlikView Management Service.
<endpoint address="http://sesth-rfn1:4799/QMS/Service" binding="basicHttpBinding"
name="BasicHttpBinding_IQMSBackend" behaviorConfiguration="ServiceKeyEndpointBehavior" />
thanks for persisting!
Yes, I changed my config file early on. the script you have above now reads:
<endpoint address="http://2salpr-qview01:4799/QMS/Service" binding="basicHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="BasicHttpBinding_IQMSBackend" contract="QMSBackendService.IQMSBackend" name="BasicHttpBinding_IQMSBackend" behaviorConfiguration="ServiceKeyEndpointBehavior"/>
Notice how you have spaces in the AD Group "QlikView Management API"? where I don't. Well, I've tried the AD Group with and without spaces. but no difference to the error message. which seems to indicate I am totally missing something. yet the error message is clearly complaining that my user is not a member of this group.
The only other thing I can think of is to verify that the QlikView Management API group is local on the machine running the QMS service (the same requirement as QlikView Administrators group)
Another post recommended logging off then back on for the new AD Group settings to be picked up. this worked.
The next error message (after this worked) was:
The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been exceeded. To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on the appropriate binding element.
According to existing posts this can be remedied by editing the qv-user-manager config file and changing the setting of both MaxReceivedMessageSize and MaxBufferSize to 99999999.
This utility is not removing any of my Named User Cals, which is a pity, but at least its not erroring out now.
Yes, for me it worked like this: Create the group "QlikView Management API". add the user DOMAIN \ xxxxx, make a log off and log in and test
+1 for me too it solved the issue for 'Authorization failed for user mydomain\myuser, required access level is QlikViewManagementAPI" while creating a new group.