Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III

QMC Email Issue

I am setting up the Email alerts but having an issue setting upi the mail server.  QV server 12.2.  When I try to setup a test email I am getting the error "Server does not support secure connection".  

Please see the attached screen shot. Any idea what am I missing 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Berg_Support

Rehan,

Your SMTP server requires a secure connection, this error is being thrown by your mail server, not Qlikview.  You will need to use an unsecure connection to send messages or use a tunnelling tool to do it. 

Has this worked in the past but no longer works?  Have you had a chat with your SMTP admins to see if they can assist here?

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

My hunch would be the port you are specifying to connect to the mail server is expecting that connection to be encrypted, and the mail server is not configured to support it...  I would probably get up with your mail server admins just to confirm the correct address and port you should be using as well as the authentication method they want you to use, hopefully they will be able to pinpoint what is going wrong if you do have things specified correctly, as they should be able to check the logs on their side of things to see if the request is getting to the server etc.  Sorry I do not have anything better, but hopefully this helps you move things forward.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@fmarvnnt

This does not have to do with the version of Qlikview but rather with the port  and authentication your mail server is using.   Your SMTP server requires a secure connection, this error is being thrown by your mail server, not Qlikview.  

Try the following open the file C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config with a editor and Set UseSSLForSMTP set to 'True' . Then restart Qlikview Management Server.

6 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Rehan,

Your SMTP server requires a secure connection, this error is being thrown by your mail server, not Qlikview.  You will need to use an unsecure connection to send messages or use a tunnelling tool to do it. 

Has this worked in the past but no longer works?  Have you had a chat with your SMTP admins to see if they can assist here?

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

My hunch would be the port you are specifying to connect to the mail server is expecting that connection to be encrypted, and the mail server is not configured to support it...  I would probably get up with your mail server admins just to confirm the correct address and port you should be using as well as the authentication method they want you to use, hopefully they will be able to pinpoint what is going wrong if you do have things specified correctly, as they should be able to check the logs on their side of things to see if the request is getting to the server etc.  Sorry I do not have anything better, but hopefully this helps you move things forward.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It happens also to one of my customers' production QlikView after upgrade from QV 12.10 to QV 12.70 SR1.  Solution?

Please?

I appreciate a support help.

FM

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @fmarvnnt,

This particular post is over 2.5 years old and for a much older and now unsupported version of QlikView Server. Suggest that you create a new thread and provide as much information as possible such as error messages, screen captures and logs. Thanks!

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@fmarvnnt

This does not have to do with the version of Qlikview but rather with the port  and authentication your mail server is using.   Your SMTP server requires a secure connection, this error is being thrown by your mail server, not Qlikview.  

Try the following open the file C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config with a editor and Set UseSSLForSMTP set to 'True' . Then restart Qlikview Management Server.

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thank you Jill for the suggestion but it was exactly the opposite.

I set UseSSLForSMTP to 'false' into C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config , restart the QMC Service and now it works.
FM