I've got a problem with a new server installation, version 11.2. When I try to schedule a reload task I get a message at the top saying "ReloadEngine@Server is down"? I read somewhere here that Qlikview sometimes has problems with long servernamnes and I've tried changing the path to localhost instead without luck.
It would be helpful if you provided QDS, QMS, and QVS logging information surrounding the incident. Another useful tip would be to click on the reload engine name in the QMC under the Status>Services section and see if there is any explanation there.
If the problem is stemming from the QMC only and the service is actually functioning prorperly and reloads are still running (e.g. your services are just not communicating), check your browser to make sure you are not running through a proxy and ensure all necessary QlikView ports are open and available.
Thanks for picking up this thread. ReloadEngine@servername is not showing under Status \ Services, all other services (DSC, QMS, QVS, QVWS) are all showing as running fine.
The tasks are not running in the background. All files are dated prior to the upgrades and all tasks are showing as Status: Waiting and Last Execution: Never.
Not sure where the best place to pick up logging information for this is. The service is not running under Services. The error message when attempting to start the service there is:
'Windows could not start the QlikView Distribution Service service on Local Computer.
Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.'
Windows error log for the event simply says: 'The QlikView Distribution Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 20 time(s).' and gives Event ID 7034.
The Application Log in Windows turns up this text on the Error:
Startup failure. Read the log file and/or event log for determinating the cause of this problem. Note! The service must have sufficient permissions in Publisher Application Data Folder: "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService". Exception=System.InvalidOperationException: Category does not exist.
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
at QDSMain.MainClass.CheckAndInitializeEnviroment(ILogBucket logBucket, ClusterRegistration clusterReg)
The service account is a domain administrator account and a local administrator account. I have now granted explicit full rights on the Distribution Service folder also.
Yes I did find the solution to the problem. My mistake, embarrassingly enought, was that I hadn't installed the Distribution Service. I deselected it in the installation process because I was making an installation that was going to run without the QlikVIew Publisher. No I know better.