Qlik Community

QlikView Management

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Partner
Partner

Task on queued with disabled Overload Protection

Hi there

we have an issue with Qlikview 12

One task is always on "Queued".
Regardless if it is triggered manually or by trigger.

I tried to disable the Qverload Protection by disabling the keys and also tried setting the keys to 100.
I set simultanous tasks to 800

When I restart the distribution service, the Root*.txt log goes wild.
It seems that it tries to start hundreds of instances of this task, because it was skipped in the past.
Is there any way to empty this task queue?

Thanks for your help!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Support
Support

Re: Task on queued with disabled Overload Protection

Aha, this helps. Or I hope it did.

Looking at the full error:

An unexpected error occurred while trying to start task 113717dd-843a-47c8-a78f-c1f316922a26. Exception=System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\QlikView\QVSettings\QDSLogs\1\Log\20190227\132142 - 03_RL_ETL_Currency_Daily \_InUse.!!!'. || at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) || at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,

This (hopefully) means you encountered QV-16660, a defect we are looking into right now.  

"If the task's name has a space as the last character the task remain on queue forever and an error is flooding the  Root log from the Distribution Service"

I can see that there's a space between Currency_Daily  and \_

Try removing that.

Here's more information on the same: Task remains in queue when using publisher - \_InUse.!!!

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
For more Qlik Knowledge content, check out our Support Knowledgebase
6 Replies
Support
Support

Re: Task on queued with disabled Overload Protection

This one might be a little difficult to troubleshoot based on the information given so far, but I'll give it a try.

So, my first knee jerk reaction here was to advice against turning up the simultaneous tasks to anything beyond what the system is realistically capable of. 

I assume though that this was done in an attempt to get the trigger / task to start working, and that this is what we are trying to fix.

It would be interesting to know what the root log is logging for you, since that could give an idea on what the problem is. Feel free to run it through our KB. 

Then there are two things I'd recommend to try.

a) Rebuild the task. Even just changing something in the existing task and pressing apply will refresh the record in the QVPR, and if this was broken, the Distribution Service will then get a fixed version of the trigger. (Task and triggers are stored in the QVPR in an .xml database, and then transferred over to the QDS in the workorder, where you'll see trigger.xml files, etc created out of them)

b) Clear out your current QDS history and let the QDS rebuild the folder. That might sound drastic but is actually really simple to do. But if that fixes it, it'll be hard to find the root cause afterwards. Here (kb 000009235) are some instructions on how to do that.

Hope some of this helps.

 

 

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
For more Qlik Knowledge content, check out our Support Knowledgebase
Partner
Partner

Re: Task on queued with disabled Overload Protection

Hi,

I set the simulatanous tasks value from 8 to 800 after I found this issue, hoping it would empty the queue.

I also tried rebulding the task with no effect. (Also queued)

Now I tried rebuilding the QDS folger. Also no effect.

 

I attach the Root Log to show you what is happening there.

I get several errors about "Could not find a part of the path".

But the Path is always existing, readable and writeable.

Support
Support

Re: Task on queued with disabled Overload Protection

Aha, this helps. Or I hope it did.

Looking at the full error:

An unexpected error occurred while trying to start task 113717dd-843a-47c8-a78f-c1f316922a26. Exception=System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\QlikView\QVSettings\QDSLogs\1\Log\20190227\132142 - 03_RL_ETL_Currency_Daily \_InUse.!!!'. || at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) || at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,

This (hopefully) means you encountered QV-16660, a defect we are looking into right now.  

"If the task's name has a space as the last character the task remain on queue forever and an error is flooding the  Root log from the Distribution Service"

I can see that there's a space between Currency_Daily  and \_

Try removing that.

Here's more information on the same: Task remains in queue when using publisher - \_InUse.!!!

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
For more Qlik Knowledge content, check out our Support Knowledgebase
Partner
Partner

Re: Task on queued with disabled Overload Protection

Wow, the Blank at the end was really the problem.

Thank you so much!

Support
Support

Re: Task on queued with disabled Overload Protection

You're very welcome! Glad I was able to help 🙂
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
For more Qlik Knowledge content, check out our Support Knowledgebase
Partner
Partner

Re: Task on queued with disabled Overload Protection

@Sonja_B thnx same issue here and could not see why the reload just did not work.