Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

How to log as another user on the QlikView webportal

We have a QlikView server running and the access point is reachable (company internally) under \\biserver1\qlikview\index.html

The website only prompts for the first time for a user name, any next time it prompts only for the password assuming it is the same user opening. This is an unappreciated behaviour.

• Is there a way to always force to provide full user credentials?
  • Why isn't there a "Log out" link on the website? Consideing shared computers this is a real severe security lack if no Log out is possible.

Or at least, is there a QueryString after index.htm to force a re-login or a logout? like ...\index.html?Login

Thank you for your advises ....

3 Replies
vidyut
Contributor II

Does Clearing all cookies on your browser not help??

Not applicable

Yes, it does. But I don't want to be dependent on a 'nice' user to flush the cookies saved. I don't want the QlikView Webserver to remember user credentials locally. Is there a setting to change the behaviour of index.htm?

thank you

vgutkovsky
Honored Contributor II

Christof,

You can probably create a Logout button by playing around with some of the functions and calls in login.htm--"AccessPoint.Logout" seems promising. Similarly, you should be able to automatically log out onload() so that users will always need to log back in. Sorry I don't have time to investigate the issue more.

Regards,