Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

stvegerton
Contributor III

Staggar Publisher Jobs by Enviornment

We've got three Publisher servers running against the same data source which is causing temp space issues because the same jobs are running on the same schedule. Is there a way I can change the schedule back and hour for an entire server? Maybe by changing the server time perhaps?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Staggar Publisher Jobs by Enviornment

You can use the powertools to edit the QVPR database, 11.20 SR12-2016-01-08-13-31-14.png

Bill

Bill - Designated Support Engineer at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
4 Replies
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Changing the server time is a bad idea and it will probably reset to the correct time. I would setup the task to run "On event of another task" ,

Then one task 1 once it has completed it will trigger task 2 and when that one completed it will run task 3.

Bill

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
stvegerton
Contributor III

Hi Bill,

I should have given more details. We have hundreds of tasks running in parallel. Most are set to trigger on the event of another task. Some are set to run at a certain time. I know how to adjust manually but I'm looking for a way to adjust everything back one hour without going into every task.

I'd heard there's an xml file that contains the entire schedule. Maybe that's what I should be looking for.

Thanks,

Steve

Employee
Employee

You can use the powertools to edit the QVPR database, 11.20 SR12-2016-01-08-13-31-14.png

Bill

stvegerton
Contributor III

Thanks Bill. That's extremely helpful and will save me a ton of time!