Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Concatenating Tables

I have 3 tables with the same field names.  Is there anyway I can concatenate the tables into one table with the same field names?

VendorRAN:

load

(APHVCH) as LINK_KEYV1,

APHVCH,

Concat(if(APHNAM<>'SIOUX FALLS TAX',if(APHNAM<>'BALTIC TAX',if(APHNAM<>'EARTH CITY TAX',if(APHNAM<>'HURON TAX',if(APHNAM<>'TEXAS TAX - AUSTIN',APHNAM))))),'; ') as C

FROM

$(vQVDPath)AppVendorRAN.qvd (qvd);

VendorAER:

load

(APHVCH) as LINK_KEYV1,

APHVCH,

Concat(if(APHNAM<>'SIOUX FALLS TAX',if(APHNAM<>'BALTIC TAX',if(APHNAM<>'EARTH CITY TAX',if(APHNAM<>'HURON TAX',if(APHNAM<>'TEXAS TAX - AUSTIN',APHNAM))))),'; ') as C

FROM

$(vQVDPath)AppVendorAER.qvd (qvd);

VendorCAN:

load

(APHVCH) as LINK_KEYV1,

APHVCH,

FROM

$(vQVDPath)AppVendorCAN.qvd (qvd);

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Concatenating Tables

Concatenation is the default when Field Names are the same. In your example, you will have all rows in ones table -- VendorRAN. You don't have to do anything different. Note that the VendorAER and VendorCAN tables will not be created.

-Rob

3 Replies

Concatenation is the default when Field Names are the same. In your example, you will have all rows in ones table -- VendorRAN. You don't have to do anything different. Note that the VendorAER and VendorCAN tables will not be created.

-Rob

Not applicable

Is there any way to concatenate differently named fields in different tables in my script?

You can force or suppress concatenation by using the CONCATENATE / NOCONCATENATE prefix on the Load statement.

-Rob

Community Browser