cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pleiker44
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Get List of Fields by Tag in Load Script

Does anyone know how to get a list of fields by a specific tag in a load script?  I've added a custom tag called "Financial" to several fields.  Later, I want to get a list of all the fields with that tag for use in OMIT section access security.

I'm working in Qlikview.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could load these information either from the qvw in which the fields are loaded or if they are stored separately from the belongin qvd. Here are snippets where they are to find within the xml-header of the files:

- Marcus

pleiker44
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Marcus, thank you so much for your response.

I would want to get at these tagged fields in the load script from a resident table.  Do you know if there are any script functions that give me access to this.  i.e., GetFieldsByTag("Financial")

marcus_sommer

AFAIK there is no way to get these kind of information during the script unless you read it from the xml-header of the qvw or qvd whereby both methods require an additionally load and by loading from the qvw it would be always get the last stored state and not include any changes during the current load.

I think both approaches will be in general workable. If you are not familiar with xml-loadings and/or the qlik meta-data you might need a few hours to work through to get a stable solution.

Easier as this might be to bypass it completely because for a systematically usage of meta-information for section access and other purposes you will need a valid and persistent source to store them. When there is such source with which the tags are set (probably per mapping) you could use this source also to implement it within the section access and therefore there is no need to read the tags from the fields again.

- Marcus