Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Scoring

I know I have said this before but I am still learning Qlikview and the responses I have received from the Community have been awesome.  I have the following fields in my application:

1.  Organization - Name of Client 

2.  Student - Number of Students    

3.  WOID - Work Order Number

4.  CreatedDate - Date Work Order is Created

5.  TrnsDate - Date of Transaction

6.  Hours - Number of Hours Work

7.  PurchaseDate - Product Purchase Date

What I want to build is a Score Card for my Clients over time with the following criteria:

1.  One point WOID/Student/Per Year >=.70

2.  One point if the Number of Hours on Work Orders is >=.60

3.  One point if both 1 and 2 reached.

So my clients can get 0 - 2 points.  I would like for it to be a rolling 12 month so output would look like this:

Client A

Purchase Date - 8/1/2009

8/1/2009 - 6/20/2010 - 0 points  (Just getting starting and not enough data yet)

6/20/2010 - 6/20/2011 - 1 point (One point because they reached .70 from above scale)

6/20/2011 - 6/20/2012 - 1 point (One point because they maintained .70)

6/20/2012 - 6/20/2013 - 1 points (One point because they maintained .70)

6/20/2013 - Today - 2 points (The reached both .70 and .60 from above scale)

Here is where my issue is.  I can create a formula that will run on a single 12 month period. Copy that information off to a separate file.  The change the period, copy that information off to a file.  Keep doing this over and over again until I get through all my periods.  That is really time consuming and was wondering if someone could point me in the direction so I only have to run the application once and get all the points at once.  Keep in mind this is just one client.  I have over 4000 clients with different purchase dates going back to 2004.  Any help would be awesome.  I hope this makes sense.

David

1 Reply
borisman
Contributor III

Re: Scoring

Hi David,

looks like a nice little challenge. Can you share your QVW? I understand it, you want to build dynamic calculations based on a time period selected and a client?

Community Browser