Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Several filters to put on a LOAD - can I do this?

Hi,

I am not quite sure about this though I know how to do it in principle:

- I need data from a specific database_table, but only

- from a number of specific BINs (I need two separate filters for those because I know some by name, but others are called
   like RECxx (xx being any number), so I need to filter for the first three letters for those and for the whole name for the others)

- I need only the items where the timestamp is "yesterday 10am" or earlier - I have a complete timestamp in the table, but
   going by the way I know (splitting it into a date and a time), I need á rather lengthy filtering_statement for that part.

=> Is there an easier way to filter for "yesterday 10am"?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: In other words - can I somehow construct the timestamp "yesterday 10am" to compare the timestamp from the DB data with that?

10 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

ok, I have it.

I had to remove the quotes around the variable and I used the num() function to remove all the formatting. The format with YY was wrong, but I had already corrected that to YYYY.

Now it's working fine. I will implement that in my script, even if it does nothing else than filtering for "day before yesterday", but just to have that formula written out somewhere.

Thanks a lot!